Friday, April 22, 2011

Interview with Charlie

We sat around the table for almost an hour tonight, chewing on our potstickers and talking up a storm. My four and five year olds ate nearly all of their food, without complaint, and never once asked to leave the table. Friends, a miracle happened at our house tonight.

I had a list of questions to ask everyone and this kept my crowd laughing, giggling and sharing . . . and asking for more. Charlie was the most hysterical, as usual.

When do you feel angry?
Charlie: I feel angry when someone does something bad to me, like won't let me have chocolate.

If you had to move and could only take three things with you, what would you take?
Charlie: Chocolate, Oatmeal and Mommy

If you received $5,000 as a gift, how would you spend it?
Charlie: I would buy a giant $100 dollar teddy bear. Then I would buy another giant $100 teddy bear. And then I would buy another $100 teddy bear, so I'd have three. Then I'd buy another $100 teddy bear . . .

Share a time in your life when you were embarrassed.
Charlie: I have never been embarrassed.

Talk about birthdays.
Charlie: Burp-days? Oh, I never burp.

What do you think about when you can’t fall asleep?
Charlie: I never have trouble sleeping.

What is the worst thing parents can do to children?
Charlie: Not letting them have chocolate.

If you could change your age, what age would you rather be?
Charlie: How old are you, Mommy? I would like to be your age.

What kind of animal would you like to be?
Charlie: A bat so I could eat moths.

Who or what makes you feel guilty?
Charlie: When you tell me I can't have anymore chocolate and then I eat more chocolate, then I feel guilty.

Do you ever feel lonely?
Charlie: I'm lonely whenever I'm not with you, Mommy. (aww . . . can I get you some more chocolate? anything you want . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment