Friday, September 2, 2011

Rest, Refresh, Reset

In my life this week…I'm relishing calm.  Getting into the groove of cooking again.  Making large dents in looming projects.

In our homeschool this week…We started a weeklong break on Tuesday.  Time to refresh, complete projects, hang out and just be.  We have read a ton of books, worked and played.

I am inspired byAnn Voskamp.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeingClassical Conversations with our wonderful friends on Monday, a new friend for Charlie today, cousins for the weekend

My favorite thing this week was…my daughter now knows how to make microwave popcorn.  She is so proud of herself.

What’s working/not working for us… Using a whispering voice when my children are arguing is working. More snuggles are working a lot.  Hiding out in the bathroom to pray for my daughter's character and attitude is working wonders.  Comparing myself to other moms is not working out so well.

Questions/thoughts I have…Am I doing it right? I know, there's no answer for that.   It's not even a valid question.  

Things I’m working onpatience, friendships, a playroom for my kids, lesson plans for the next few weeks

I’m reading…a curriculum book for my little Kindergarten Sunday School class.  We start a new school year this Sunday and my son will be in class with me

I’m cooking…in my crockpot again.

I’m grateful for…daily grace.

I’m praying for…the right balance for my daughter's extracurricular activities and the ability to release the things I cannot control. 

A quote to share
"Homemaking is about making a home, not about making perfection.  A perfect home is an authentic, creative, animated space where Peace and Christ and Beauty are embraced.  {Perfect does not equate to immaculate.}" - Ann Voskamp

A photo to share...my elated children with the octopus in the playroom

Linked up with Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers Weekly Wrap Up

The Homeschool Mother's Journal
linked up with The Homeschool Mother's Journal

3 comments:

  1. and i thought i was the only one who hid in the bathroom ;-) never ever compare yourself to other moms, real life known aquaintances or in the bloggy world. my life got better when i stopped the comparisons and just started focusing on living my most authentic life. we have had a week of respite this week also; our last vacation before our homeschool year starts next week. i need to work harder on whispering and not being such a yeller. thanks for that reminder! stopping by from the homeschool mother's journal linky. blessings, katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love that quote! I may have to steal it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be the age. My daughter is struggling with attitude as well. I often wonder where our sweet mannered little princess went! We will be starting "How to be God's Little Princess" next term because of it.

    http://cominguproses.webs.com

    ReplyDelete